More Options with Blue OptionSM
BlueChoice® HealthPlan of South Carolina provides Blue Option. We have 30 years of experience providing South Carolinians like you with health care coverage. Our service, value and quality are evident in our Blue Option plans. We offer a range of plans that meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and keep you covered. Blue Option offers:
- 31 plan designs – six Gold, 18 Silver, six Bronze plans and one “Under 30” Catastrophic plan
- Comprehensive statewide doctor and hospital network
- Preventive dental and routine vision coverage for all members
- 24/7/365 access to a doctor from any smartphone, telephone, tablet or computer
- Nationally recognized health plan for service and member satisfaction
Blue Option members can save money at Doctors Care if they can’t get in to see their regular doctors or need care on the weekends. Members can visit any Doctors Care location across the state for the same price as a primary care physician visit. This includes visits for injuries and illnesses that may be considered as regular doctor’s visits, after-hours visits and urgent care visits.
We also have life management services, including legal, financial and self-help. These services are provided by First Sun Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Because First Sun EAP is a separate company from BlueChoice HealthPlan, First Sun EAP will be responsible for all services related to lifestyle management services.